Sorrento, Pompeii & Limoncello Tour
On this full-day Pompeii and Sorrento tour, sip limoncello before exploring the world-class archeological ruins in the company of an expert guide.
- Half day Pompeii and Sorrento tour from Naples
- See the breathtaking beauty of the Sorrentine Coast from the comfort of your car
- Take a stroll around Sorrento Town with a private guide and learn the secrets of Limoncello making, and have a taste of the delicious traditional lemon liquor
- Visit the UNESCO-listed ancient city of Pompeii and explore its spellbinding ruins on a walking tour
- Visit top Pompeii attractions, such as the Thermal Baths, the Forum and Teatro Grande – a colossal 5,000-seat theater and enjoy a traditional Italian lunch
- Additional Information
- Request a quote
Pompeii and Sorrento Tour
On this day trip with Italy’s Best, you’ll have the opportunity to sip Limoncello before exploring the ancient ruins of Pompeii, the city frozen in time. Experience southern Italian life in the seaside town of Sorrento. Your local expert guide will take you for a walk through its lemon-scented streets and provide you with an overview of this storied seaside town. Famous for its limoncello, during your Sorrento tour you’ll learn how to make this world-renown lemon liquor then have the opportunity to taste some before heading to your next destination: Pompeii.
Mount Vesuvius’ infamous eruption in 79 A.D. wiped out the city of Pompeii and 16,000 inhabitants in minutes. Today, with a history of eruptions throughout the centuries and its close proximity to a population of three million, the active volcano is considered one of the world’s most dangerous, yet beautiful attractions. Your private guide from Italy’s Best will lead you through Pompeii’s archaeological sites. See first-hand the remains from the calamitous eruption including the House of the Tragic Poet with its elaborate mosaic floors, the town Basilica and Temple of Apollo as well as the plaster casts of those killed during the eruption, their bodies captured in motion as they tried to outrun the lava. Leading you away from the crowds, your guide will show you some of the lesser-visited areas including the cemetery, the baths and a brothel. Following the tour, explore on your own or shop for souvenirs before meeting your driver and returning to your accommodations.
English-speaking licensed guide in Pompeii and Vesuvius National Park, Luxurious air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle with English-speaking driver, Skip the line tickets to Pompeii
Limoncello tasting, Meals
Request a quote
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon