Venice Tour for Kids
With its boats, canals, islands, ancient mansions and mysterious alleyways, Venice is like a child’s fairytale come true. This tour offers an entertaining and informative look at Venice’s illustrious maritime past that is fun for the entire family.
- Start at one of the world’s most beautiful squares, the elegant Piazza San Marco
- At the eastern end of the spacious piazza, marvel at the impressive Basilica of San Marco
- Enjoy a short boat ride across the Bacino di San Marco
- Admire the Church of San Giorgio Maggiore, which floats like a huge galleon on the lagoon
- Enjoy another short boat ride across to the pier of the Zattere, a wide waterfront promenade
- Visit the boat-building yard where the fascinating art of gondola making will be explained
- Travel by yet another boat ride to the Arsenale, the shipyards where the war galleys and trading ships were built
- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
- Request a quote
Venice Tour for Kids and Families
With its boats, canals, islands, ancient mansions and mysterious alleyways, Venice is like a child’s fairytale come true. This Venice tour for kids offers an entertaining and informative look at Venice’s illustrious maritime past that is fun for the entire family.
You’ll begin at the elegant Piazza San Marco, where we will marvel at the impressive Basilica San Marco and the Doge’s Palace. Using the carvings on the exterior of the Doge’s Palace you will learn about daily life during Renaissance Venice and the professions and trades practiced. You’ll also marvel at the exquisite mosaics on the facade of Basilica San Marco and the hidden symbolism inside the zodiac symbols on the San Marco clocktower.
Venice Boat Building
A visit to Venice is not complete without viewing the lagoon from the water. You’ll take short boat rides to wonderful sites such as the Church of San Giorgio Maggiore. At its bell tower, you’ll be in awe of the stupendous bird’s-eye view of the city, the lagoon, and the elegant private yachts in the harbor below.
Next, at the old boat-building yard of the Tramontin family – the only one of its kind remaining in Venice – you’ll learn everything there is to know about gondolas, Venice’s iconic watercraft. You will discover the fascinating art of gondola making, understanding just how many artisans are involved with forming the different pieces needed for this iconic mode of Venetian transportation.
You’ll also visit the massive brick Arsenale, the shipyards famous for the construction of the huge ships that made Venice the “Queen of the Seas.” The shipyard where war galleys and trading ships were built, you will learn about the history of Venice as a maritime empire, with outposts in exotic lands whose merchandise, from silks to spices, help inform the culture of Venice.
All entrance fees, English speaking licensed guide, Transportation including vaporetto ride
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Request a quote
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon