Day Trip to Orvieto
Take in the Umbrian hilltop town of Orvieto on this daytrip from Rome. Lunch at a local trattoria and take in the sites, such as the Orvieto Duomo.
- Day trip from Rome to Orvieto, a small hilltop town, with a history that dates back to the Etruscans
- See the breathtakingly beautiful Orvieto cathedral and marvel at Luca Signorelli’s 15th century frescoes of the Last Judgment, depictions that actually influenced Michelangelo’s own Sistine Chapel masterpiece
- Climb the Torre del Moro for a birds eye view of Umbria’s picturesque rolling hills
- Enjoy lunch at a local trattoria
- Explore Orvieto underground, and peel back the layers of history, walking through the labyrinth of rooms and cellars dating back to the Etruscans and ancient Romans
- Take a digestive stroll exploring the tiny streets around the Piazza del Duomo selling handmade pottery, olive oil and Sagrantino wine, before your driver takes you back to Rome
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Request a quote
Rome to Orvieto in a Day
Enjoy Orvieto, a hilltop Umbrian town with a 3.000-year-old history dating back to the Etruscans! Your private driver from Italy’s Best will pick you up from your accommodations in Rome to bring you to this Medieval gem, where your private guide from Italy’s Best awaits you.
From the Etruscans to the Renaissance
See the beautiful Duomo, a thirteenth century Gothic cathedral and step inside the Chapel of San Brizio to see Fra Angelico and Luca Signorelli’s 15th century frescos of the Last Judgment, depictions that actually influenced Michelangelo’s own Sistine Chapel masterpiece. See Sant’Andrea, a 12th century church with a distinct bell tower as well as San Domenico, a 13th century church built a few years after the death of its eponymous saint.
Other sites include the 16th century St. Patrick’s Well and the medieval Palazzo dei Sette where you can climb Torre del Moro for a spectacular view of Umbria’s picturesque rolling hills. Next, your guide will lead you underground to peel back the layers of history, and see a labyrinth of rooms and cellars dating back to the Etruscans and ancient Romans.
This will be followed by an unforgettable culinary experience, a real pasta festival in a fantastic trattoria specializing in traditional Umbrian cuisine, such as homemade lasagna and tortellini. Pass the rest of the afternoon strolling the tiny streets or relaxing in the Piazza del Duomo before your driver takes you back to Rome.
Entrance tickets to Undergound Orvieto group tour and Orvieto cathedral, Luxurious air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle with English-speaking driver, water
All other entrance fees, English-speaking licensed guide (optional), Meals
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Request a quote
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon