Wine Tour of Montalcino, Pienza, and Orcia Valley
Enjoy this full day plunge into the heart of Tuscany with private Pienza and Montalcino tour. Explore the medieval town and indulge in a wine tasting.
- Spend the morning exploring Montalcino, the capital of the Brunello wine region, at your leisure
- Stop by the famous Sant’Antimo Abbey, one of the most important milestones of the ancient pilgrimage from Canterbury to Rome
- Enjoy a tasting of award-winning Brunello wines at a locally favorite winery
- Try authentic Tuscan dishes for lunch at a family-owned restaurant
- Mosey through the Renaissance town of Pienza, wandering charming boutiques and famed Pienza cheese botteghe
- Additional information
Heart of Tuscany, Pienza and Montalcino Tour and Wine Tasting
Plunge into the heart of Tuscany with this unforgettable Pienza and Montalcino tour. Depart from Siena or Florence in the morning for Montalcino, capital of the legendary Brunello wine region. After exploring this quaint medieval town, head out to see the Sant’Antimo Abbey, a celebrated milestone of the ancient pilgrim path between Canterbury and Rome. Next up is a special wine tasting of award-winning Brunello wines at a family-owned winery, known only to locals, followed by a traditional Tuscan lunch, at a family-owned restaurant, of authentic dishes passed down through generations. After lunch, stopover in Pienza, considered to be the best preserved Renaissance town in Tuscany, and walk its picturesque streets, wandering through its many charming shops and famous Pienza cheese botteghe, before returning to your hotel.
English-speaking cook, Luxurious air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle with English-speaking driver