Request a quote
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon
Rome and the Vatican
During this Rome shore excursion from Civitavecchia, your English-speaking drive will provide an overview of Rome, including the Colosseum and Vatican.
- Private shore excursion to Rome from Civitavecchia
- Transport to and from Civitavecchia port in luxury air-conditioned vehicles, giving you easy access to the city and back
- A top-quality private tour with an intimate touch, programmed especially for you and directed by a professional
- Vatican guide in fluent English (optional)
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Colosseum
- Additional information
Rome Shore Excursion: Luxury from Civitavecchia
With this Rome shore excursion you can enjoy an overview of the city of Rome plus a Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tour in just one day.
Our English-speaking driver will pick you up near the gangway of your ship for a private Rome shore excursion to discover the city of Rome and the Vatican. The main stops when you arrive in Rome include: the Piazza Venezia, where you can take a look at the Monument of Victor Emmanuel (first Italian king) and Mussolini’s balcony; the Capitoline hill (one of Rome seven hills) with an amazing view over the Roman Forum; the Colosseum where your driver will give you a brief explanation and history. Stop at the most beautiful fountain in the world: Trevi. Drive by the famous Spanish steps where the finest shopping street is. Walk through piazza Navona and visit the imposing structure dated 27 B.C. called Pantheon where the great painter Raphael is buried.
Vatican and Sistine Chapel
Your local driver will suggest the perfect place for lunch. After lunch visit the Vatican, where you will have the chance to go in and explore the Vatican museums on your own with pre-booked tickets, avoiding the big lines, or opt for a guided tour. We can arrange to meet one of our Vatican guides who will be waiting for you at the museum entrance, and take you on the 2 hour visit of the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel. The museums contain some of the world’s greatest art treasures, and are unique in their scope, quality and abundance. All big lines at the entrance avoided! From the Sistine you’ll go directly to St. Peter’s Basilica, where you will see the Pietà by Michelangelo and other fantastic masterpieces by Bernini and Canova. After St. Peter’s you’ll want to take some pictures of the square, shop for souvenirs and/or grab a drink before enjoying the ride back to the ship. With this Rome shore excursion, you’ll see the best of the city before departing port.
Why choose this tour:
- You skip the long lines queueing for entrance to the Vatican Museums.
- You will have reserved, pre-booked and pre-paid tickets
- A top-quality tour with an intimate touch, programmed especially for you and directed by a professional Vatican guide (optional) in fluent English. Tours exclusive yours and non-group.
- Transport to and from Civitavecchia port in luxury air-conditioned vehicles, giving you easy access to the city and back.
- Aventine hill (stop)
- Circus Maximus (stop)
- Palatine hill (drive by)
- Colosseum (stop)
- Capitoline hill (Roman Forum overview)
- Venice square (drive by)
- Navona Square
- Vatican Museums and Sistine chapel
- St Peter’s Basilica
- St Peter’s Square
Luxurious air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle with English-speaking driver, Prebooked entrance tickets to the Colosseum and Roman Forum, Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, water
If you plan to be visiting a religious or memorial site, shoulders and knees must be covered., Comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sun glasses and sunscreen are recommended.
The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up/drop of locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour., Your professional English speaking driver will give you good commentary from the vehicle, but does not alight with you for inside visits., Your driver will have no problem if you would like to take extra hours., If you would like to have an English speaking tour guide, he/she will narrate from both inside the vehicle and will also enter the sites with you., Please note that if a mass in St Peter’s is being taken, the entrance may be restricted, that the Museum's are closed on Sunday (except the last Sunday of the month). In these cases the itinerary may be altered to accomodate local conditions., The order of sites visited may change.