Venice Mask Makers & Rialto Market Tour
Enjoy a visit to the bustling Rialto Market and then enjoy an exclusive tour of a Venetian making making workshop with a private guide.
- Explore the local fruit, vegetable, and fish stands of the Rialto Food Market and learn about its history and daily activities
- Enjoy the view from the top of the Rialto Bridge, the first bridge built over the Grand Canal
- Sip a glass of wine and try the local finger food in one of the Rialto’s many wine bars
- Explore the Basilica di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari with its precious altarpieces by Titian and Bellini
- Visit a Venetian mask-making workshop and learn about the different types and meanings of the city’s typical masks
- Additional information
Rialto Food Market Visit
The Rialto has not only been Venice’s financial center for much of its history, but it’s been a commercial hub as well, and it’s one of the most advanced in Europe. Here you’ll explore the vibrant open-air Rialto food market where the stalls are filled with every imaginable kind of fruit and vegetable and end your time with a Venetian mask making tour designed to give insight to an important artisan tradition.
From the top of the famous Rialto bridge, you will encounter all the splendours of the Grand Canal, as you head into what has been the city’s financial and commercial center for much of its history, and one of the most advanced of Europe. Each morning the market, which surrounds the district, is the liveliest corner of Venice, full of locals buying fresh fare from the vegetable and fish stands. The Rialto is always the best place to sip a glass of wine and try some local finger food.
Venetian Mask Making Tour
Next, visit the nearby is the Franciscan church of Santa Maria dei Frari with precious altarpieces by Titian and Giovanni Bellini. During your visit to the Basilica di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, you’ll marvel at the sumptuous works of art – by such notable artists as Bellini, Donatello, and Titian – that adorn the church. Your tour continues with a visit to the Venetian mask makers where you’ll learn all about the city’s famous masks and how they’re crafted by true Venetian artisans.