Barolo & Barbaresco Wine Tourpa0l0
Enjoy a private day-trip with your private Italy’s Best tour guide in the Langhe area to discover the sought-after Barolo and Barbaresco wines.
The highlights include:
– Sightseeing in the Barolo area of production: stop in Grinzane Cavour to admire the imposing XIII century castle, La Morra with the scenic “belvedere” and/or Barolo with the Falletti castle and the Regional Enoteca of Barolo
– Visit a Barolo producer in one of the 11 Barolo villages, e.g. Barolo, La Morra, Castiglione Falletto, Serralunga d’Alba, Monforte d’Alba, etc. Wine-tasting will follow the visit.
– Short walk in Alba, once called the “One Hundred Towers Town”, famous for the International White Truffle Fair which occurs each year in October.
– Visit the Barbaresco area: walk in the village of Barbaresco with the imposing squared tower built in the late XI century to protect the village from foreign invaders, and stop at the Regional Enoteca of Barbaresco located in the deconsecrated church of San Donato.
– Visit a Barbaresco-producing winery in one of the three villages which are allowed to produce this wine, i.e. Barbaresco, Neive or Treiso with final wine-tasting.