Request a quote
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon
Doge’s Palace Secret Itineraries Tour & Mask Making
This Secret Itineraries Tour of the Doge’s Palace is followed by a mask making workshop, making a perfect day for the entire family.
- Marvel at the magnificent frescoes by Tintoretto on the ceiling of the Hall of Four Doors
- Get privileged insights into the private rooms in the palace like the Office of the Doge’s Secretary, the rooms of the Deputy of the Secret Works of the Council of Ten, the Office of the Grand Chancellor, and the Secret Chancellery
- Continue to the Salon of the Regent to the Chancellery for some of Venice’s more sinister secrets, starting with the Torture Room and the Piombi (the attic prison which Casanova successfully escaped), the attic at Ponte della Paglia, and the Inquisitors’ Room
- Finish your exclusive tour in the Room of the Three Heads and take a walk toward the Accademia bridge and the Dorsoduro area for great views of the Grand Canal
- Visit an expert Venetian mask maker to learn about Venice’s most iconic product
- Create your own mask with the tools, paints, techniques, and secrets of the experts
- Additional information
Art & Artisans: Secret Itineraries Tour & Mask Making Workshop
The glittering Ducale di Venezia, the Doge’s Palace, looks out toward the Venetian Lagoon on one side and St. Mark’s Square on the other. It was the residence of the powerful elected ruler of the Republic of Venice, and in this expertly guided tour, you’ll experience some of the Palace’s secrets while you follow in the footsteps of the most important – and some of the most infamous – leaders of Venice. Participate in the Doge’s Palace Secret Itineraries tour and explore hidden corners, camouflaged doors, and concealed passageways. Get privileged insights into the private rooms in the palace like the Office of the Doge’s Secretary, the rooms of the Deputy of the Secret Works of the Council of Ten, the Office of the Grand Chancellor, and the Secret Chancellery. In this city where masks, illusion, and subterfuge dominated both politics and personal life, you’ll experience secrets not normally accessible to the visiting public. Then after this impressive tour, you’ll visit a Venetian mask-maker and create your own identity-hiding mask. If you could start anew on an anonymous Venice night, who would you be?
A minimum of 2 people is required for the Secret Tour, the maximum is 25 people. The specifics of the Secret Tour may change slightly depending on circumstances.